Snoobi Analytics – Privacy Manager
New in Snoobi Analytics February release: The Snoobi Privacy Manager
Website visitor privacy is an element that features high if you look at search volume trends in Google, Bing or any other online search tool.
It is often difficult for owners of websites to fully comply with GDPR or other privacy regulations and tick all the legal privacy boxes. At the same time they need to optimize the website content and contribute to the organizations’ online objectives.
Snoobi Analytics is a tool often used for sensitive website environments, but also for complex portals, e-commerce and intranet websites.
One reason is that analytics metrics are immediately accessible and available only to the owner of the website Moreover, Snoobi can work in full compliance with privacy regulations.
We have combined all functionality related to privacy in the new Snoobi Privacy Manager and extended several features.
Centralizing these settings under a single menu makes it easier for the Snoobi account administrator to review all settings in relation to privacy for your Snoobi Analytics account
It also means that changes to settings such as cookies-level or organization visibility no longer have to be made in the code on the website itself, simplifying management of these important compliancy settings
The following functions are available to an administrator of a Snoobi Analytics account:
- Allows for a web site owner to check if a request for information or removal by an individual is correct.
- There are two options for this setting. Account level for an account-wide removal of all privacy elements, or Visitor level based on the acceptance of cookies by the visitor.
- This allows for settings to be made without touching the code on the website
- This disables the naming of the visiting organizations. City/region and country information is maintained.
- Analytics sessions can be set to have a 24-hour length.
- This allows for custom code to be added to the Snoobi tracking code.
With the exception of the ‘Visitor ID Checker’, all settings will be activated by Snoobi Service on request of the responsible account administrator. As many settings are destructive and change or remove already collected raw data we want to ensure our clients are aware of the potential impact before implementing. Additional customized settings are available, for instance to remove privacy-sensitive url elements such as names of individuals.
More information or want our specialists to assist?